The Virginia Association of College and University Housing Officers (VACUHO) is dedicated to the education and professional development of housing and residence life staff at institutions of higher education in Virginia.
The Virginia Association of College and University Housing Officers will be a model organization dedicated to learning, inclusiveness, and a spirit of collegiality so that our members will provide the best experience for their residents.
- We will place student development first in our policies and actions
- We ill develop connections to share knowledge and expertise between institutions and individuals.
- We will be welcoming and we will embrace differences among our member institutions and individuals.
- We will represent our State and be respected at the regional and national levels.
- We will foster a spirit of collegiality.
- We will support housing and residence life professionals as they promote the academic success and personal development of their residents.
- We will be committed to providing ongoing professional development opportunities for our members.
- We will be fiscally responsible and perpetuate the organization and it's goals.
Inclusion – VACUHO will strive to ensure each member institution, along with its diverse population, is immersed with a sense of belonging and fellowship.
Diversity – VACUHO recognizes and appreciates the strength that comes from our varied perspectives, environments and experiences.
Professional Excellence – As an organization comprised of highly involved, committed individuals, VACUHO and its members strive to hold each other to the highest level of integrity and ethical decision making, while being accountable to each other and the greater educational community.
Resident Focus – At its core, VACUHO will support housing and residence life professionals as they promote student learning and the personal development of their residents.
Collaboration – VACUHO is committed to providing opportunities for colleagues to connect for support, guidance, insight and professional development.
Growth – VACUHO values positive change through personal and professional development.
Spirit – As a volunteer organization, it is the individual member’s animating energy, time, and support which creates the essential nature of VACUHO.